There are a lot of great SUVs on the market today. Innovative, convenient features are more commonplace than ever, and fuel efficiency has improved significantly over the past few years. But none of that matters if the vehicle you pick isn’t safe to drive, which is why Honda places such an emphasis on safety. For 2017, the Honda Pilot is an IIHS Top Safety Pick+, making it an outstanding choice.
What does IIHS Top Safety Pick+ Mean?The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety tests each vehicle for the most important safety features. Then, once the results are tallied, vehicles can be awarded ‘Top Safety Pick’ status. If a vehicle performs extremely well in every category, it can earn the IIHS Top Safety Pick+ award. Essentially, it’s a great measuring stick to compare vehicles. If safety is important for you and your family – which is assuredly is – you’ll want to buy a Top Safety Pick+ vehicle like the 2017 Honda Pilot.
How Does the 2017 Honda Pilot Perform?From the award, you can tell the Honda Pilot is a top choice. Its safety systems are incredible, keeping occupants safe in a collision from all sides and helping prevent a collision in the first place. Here are a few of its highlights;
- Available Honda Sensing technologies including Road Departure Mitigation System, Lane Keeping Assist System, Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Mitigation Braking System.
- A multi-angle rearview camera with three different views.
- An available Blind Spot Information System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor
- HondaLink smartphone connectivity.
- Available Honda LaneWatch.
- Vehicle Stability Assist, ABS brakes, electronic brake distribution, and Brake Assist.
- A range of airbags for all three rows of seating.